Our 500ml Clear PLA Rectangular Hinged Lid Container is made from 100% renewable sources (in fact, they're made from the waste products of other industries), and degrades within 90 days in a commercial composting facility. biodegradable within 90 days in a commercial composting facility.PLA is:
• 100% suitable for food use.
• Derived from corn which is a renewable resource
• PLA products are compostable in industrial composting facilities
• PLA is cost competitive with regular petroleum-based resins such as PET and most likely cost advantaged in the future given rising petroleum prices
• Producing PLA uses 65% less energy than producing conventional plastics
• Producing PLA creates 68% fewer greenhouse gases than producing conventional plastics
• PLA contains no toxins. this product has no effects on the flavours of the food (fewer indeed, we believe, than the non-renewable alternatives available).Please note that PLA-based packaging (such as this product) are not intended for high temperatures and as such as not suitable for microwave or oven use.
This comes in packs of 125 or 250