Our PLA straws are 8mm x 210mm and are certified compostable in an industrial composting machine
• 100% suitable for food use.
• Derived from corn which is a renewable resource
• PLA products are compostable in industrial composting facilities
• PLA is cost competitive with regular petroleum-based resins such as PET and most likely cost advantaged in the future given rising petroleum prices
• Producing PLA uses 65% less energy than producing conventional plastics
• Producing PLA creates 68% fewer greenhouse gases than producing conventional plastics
• PLA contains no toxins. this product has no effects on the flavours of the food (fewer indeed, we believe, than the non-renewable alternatives available).Please note that PLA-based packaging (such as this product) are not intended for high temperatures and as such as not suitable for microwave or oven use.
*PLA should not be added to other plastic destined to be recycled.
This comes in packs of 200 or 2000